Purpose and Objectives of the IHN:
The purpose of the International Hispanic Network is to encourage professional excellence among Hispanic local government administrators, to improve the management of local government, to provide unique resources to Hispanic local government executives and public managers, and to advance the goals of professional, effective and ethical local government administration. The Network works with other organization such as the International City Management Association which shares common goals.
The objectives of the Network are:
- Assist communities to enhance the quality of life of their Hispanic populations.
- Increase Hispanic participation in local governance by improving their access to local governments.
- Promote the local government profession within the Hispanic community.
- Share knowledge, information, and experience among the members of the Network.
- Encourage continued education and training in local government administration.
- Develop and maintain professional associations with organizations such as the International City County Management Association in order to assist the Network and those organizations achieve their common goals and objectives.
- Solicit and receive funds from the private sector, foundations or federal, state and local governments to promote and implement the Network’s general goals and objectives.
- The Network contemplates the opportunity to form alliances (formal and informal) with other Hispanic professional organizations and corporate and foundation partners as well as actively develop and maintain a professional association with Affiliated Groups and Partners in order to assist the Network to achieve their overall goals and objectives.