Exciting new position with Adams County Government, Brighton CO. The Homelessness Outreach Liaison is responsible for assisting in the coordination, creation, implementation and oversight of services and programs for citizens dealing with homelessness.
SALARY: $54,048.14 - $75,667.40 Annually
CLOSING DATE: 07/21/17 04:30 PM MOUNTAIN
EXAMPLES OF IMPORTANT AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Responsible for providing high-level technical advice, analysis, and related support to the county for a wide variety of homelessness issues and initiatives in first ring suburban and rural settings.
- Responsible for developing effective strategies to address housing and homelessness solutions and utilizing resources available at the county, state, and federal levels.
- Provides technical assistance and guidance to community groups, boards, similar organizations, and other county and city offices and departments in developing homelessness specific plans.
- Provides technical assistance for development and implementation of action strategies and other homelessness activities.
- Develops and maintains databases comprising of statistics, planning and development issues, action strategies, resources, and other relevant elements, and tracks and reports on the progress of implementation goals and objectives.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships and partnerships with public and private agencies, advocates, and local officials to increase awareness of the issue and to create solutions to reduce homelessness.
- Identifies potential funding, material, and other types and sources of assistance for community homelessness projects and activities; prepares requests for, submits, and follows-up on grant applications and requests for other funding or assistance.
- Interacts frequently and extensively with a wide variety of individuals, businesses, and groups, including officials and employees of other city and county departments and members of community-based groups in both the public and private sector and members of the public.
- Responds to the public to provide and furnish information, provides interpretations and explanations on various homelessness matters, responds to complaints, etc.
- Serves as a central contact point within the county for requests of information about housing and homeless issues and is well-versed in national, state and local best practices for addressing the challenges faced by people that experience homelessness.
- As assigned, represents the county at various public forums and elsewhere as required in discussing homelessness and related topics.
- Coordinates with the various externally focused county departments on issues related to homelessness and with other departments and offices.
- Assists in the preparation of work programs, planning maps, and other documentation for specific homelessness projects.
- Assists in planning, conducting, and implementing county plans, special studies, and projects.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures for providing homelessness programs.
- Assists in gathering and interpreting local, state and federal legislation and policies.
- Gathers and creates demographic information such as socio-economic information on several cohorts county wide in an easily understandable fashion.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of direct service or administration of homelessness prevention programs and general housing services, or direct service delivery with increasingly responsible programmatic experience in a public or non-profit environment.
- Education and Training: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, public administration, human services, community development, urban and regional planning or a related field. Master's degree preferred.
- License or Certificate: Must possess, or have the ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's license.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds and interpret maps and depictions in color.
- Ability to read and write in English and Spanish is desirable, but not required.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/adams/jobs/1784685/homelessness-outreach-liaison?page=3&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs