Exciting new position with Adams County Government, Brighton, CO. This position establishes and maintains relationships through interactions and communications with legislative bodies and regulatory agencies to promote the public policy goals directly related to laws under which the organization operates; solicits or prepares and proposes legislation and regulatory changes; and identifies affected interests.
EXAMPLES OF IMPORTANT AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Lead the development and direct coordination of the county's legislative and regulatory affairs strategy, working directly with a cross-functional county team representing the core competencies associated with the initiative(s) that these tasks will advance.
- Manages the work associated with the Neighborhood Liaison/Constituent Services and the Homelessness Outreach Liaison divisions of the Department of Regional Affairs.
- Assists the Director of Regional Affairs with project management of special projects such as, but not limited to, Aerotropolis, the Adams County Foundation 501(c) 3 and other projects that have wide application on county services and programs.
- Manage work associated with the oversight of the Adams County Foundation which is a 501(c) 3.
- Monitor federal, state, and regulatory activity affecting the county.
- Work directly with federal and state lobbyists and regulators. Also works closely with local jurisdictions and quasigovernmental agencies and special districts.
- Monitor the county's proactive development of and response to legislation, regulations, and/or policy changes that may have an impact on the county specifically or county government in general.
- Manage the county's legislative/regulatory activities and lobbying efforts for or against prospective legislation and regulations; analyze and review pending legislation, regulation, priorities, and issues and the potential impact on the county via management of an internal cross functional team; recommending strategies and policy initiatives to the Board, and articulating the county's legislative agenda to local, state and federal elected officials and special districts.
- Establish and maintain contact and interaction with legislators, legislative committees, elected officials, regulators and various intergovernmental associations; participate in and may serve as Board proxy on Colorado Counties, Inc. (CCI) Steering Committees, CCI Initiatives/Events and other groups as assigned.
- Communicate the outcome of legislative and regulatory activities to elected officials and management team.
- Working with other departments and department staff, formalize the county's initiatives for delivering information to and receiving feedback from the community that will ultimately foster and sustain a reputation of accountability, integrity, and trustworthiness for Adams County.
- Coordinate with the management team, department directors, elected officials and Budget/Finance personal on legislation/regulation that has a programmatic and fiscal impact.
- Work to advance the credibility of the county in federal, state, local and regional arenas through participation and involvement in federal, state, local and regional projects and issues.
- Interact with community stakeholders, as appropriate, to understand impacts to potential policy and/or regulatory changes.
- Assist in studies, programs or special projects related to regional and countywide initiatives.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Minimum Five (5) years of progressively responsible professional legislative or public affairs experience in the public sector OR any equivalent combination with at least three (3) years of supervisory and board experience.
- Prior experience in dealing with the public, elected officials, department/division heads, and boards and commissions, and special interest groups.
- Previous legislative, regulatory and public sector or public sector-related experience preferred.
- Education and Training:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science, Public Administration, Public Policy, Public Administration, Business Administration, Community Development, Urban and Regional Planning or directly related field.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- License or Certificate: None.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.
SALARY: $72,328.60 - $101,260.05 Annually
CLOSING DATE: 07/26/17 04:30 PM
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION AND A CAREER WITH ADAMS COUNTY, COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS AT: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/adams/jobs/1786937/legislative-and-regional-affairs-administrator?keywords=legislative%20aide&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs